I’ve been writing in the areas of sustainability and conservation for more than 20 years–creating everything from web content and books to reports and curriculum. My goal has always been to help educate people about the importance of protecting our precious natural resources and ecosystems.
I am the author of two books:
- Renewable Energy: A Concise Guide to Green Alternatives (Walker & Co.)
- Taking Out the Trash: A No-Nonsense Guide to Recycling (Island Press)
I’ve been a LEED Accredited Professional (BD+C) since 2009. LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is a program of the U.S. Green Building Council.
Sample projects include:
- Research and position paper for BuildingWise
- Editor, “Ecosystem Observation” reports, The Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Feature articles for The Ocean Conservancy
- Curriculum for the World Wildlife Fund/Monterey Bay Aquarium
Additional clients include BNIM Architects, Millennium Microgrid, the Monterey Bay Sanctuary Foundation, the World Wildlife Fund/Monterey Bay Aquarium (joint project) and the National Geographic Society/NOAA (joint project).
Please contact me for writing samples.
- LEED BD+C Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- M.A. in International Policy Studies, Monterey Institute of International Studies
- B.A. in French and Spanish, University of the Pacific
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)