I’m a communicator, a storyteller, a writer.
I help my clients connect with their target audiences using many forms and platforms—feature stories, content marketing, blogs, marketing collateral and more—as well as by providing editorial and strategic counsel.
I have extensive experience as a writer and consultant, enjoying long-term relationships (as many as 18 years!) with numerous clients.
- Writing, research and editing with an emphasis on listening to clients to understand and help achieve their goals. Excellent interviewing, copyediting and proofreading skills. Expert at translating technical material for a more general audience. Quick learner.
Areas of Greatest Experience
- Software/technology, art/design, conservation/sustainability, education and travel/lifestyle.
Writing and Research
- Extensive experience researching, writing, editing and curating content for Fortune 500 and Silicon Valley technology companies as well as international nonprofits, government agencies and educational institutions. More than 1,500 feature stories published. External and employee audiences of 200,000+.
- Projects include news articles, blogs, web content, executive and HR messaging, ghost writing, newsletters, reports, scripts for short documentary films and interactive media, marketing materials and more.
- A broad range of initiatives—internal and external. Topics include corporate responsibility, social impact, employee engagement, customer experience, creativity, corporate culture, diversity and inclusion, workplace mobility, executive and HR messaging, sales, products, health and wellness, global markets.
- Experience as managing editor, copy editor, proofreader and member of editorial news teams. For example, nine years as managing editor of Ecosystem Observations, an annual review of marine science/technology/conservation research: assigning/editing contributions from 25+ scientists per issue, managing editorial schedule, working with graphic designer, etc.—consistently delivering the publication on time.
- Blogs, content marketing, e-books and white papers with an emphasis on digital marketing. Collateral including brochures, product sheets, packaging and fact sheets.
- Feature stories for corporate intranets, case studies to highlight leader attributes/behaviors and corporate values in action, scripts, memos, stories and other reporting for senior executives.
- Advanced degree in international policy; production of strategic analyses for a global political consultancy; extensive experience with global clients, addressing their diverse constituents.
- Adobe Systems | Aspen Institute | BNIM Architects | Cisco Systems | Deloitte | Genesys | HP | Intuit | Juniper Networks | LSI Logic | Millennium Microgrid | Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary | Monterey Institute of International Studies | Mozilla | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) | National Science Foundation’s Marine Advanced Technology Education (MATE) Center | Plantronics | UC Santa Cruz Extension | Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati | World Wildlife Fund
Please contact me for work samples.
Education and Awards
- Silver Quill Award, International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- LEED BD+C Accredited Professional, U.S. Green Building Council
- M.A. in International Policy Studies, Monterey Institute of International Studies
- B.A. in French and Spanish, University of the Pacific
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)